|Which issues are important for your choice?
• Is the hospital reachable easily?
• Equipped well to handle emergencies?
• Specialists available?
• The delivery-rate takes place at the hospital each year? (More deliveries mean more experience with various birth scenarios.)
• Is a nurse available for you, or do you have to share her?
• Check the hospital's statistics/experiences for caesarean sections, episiotomies, and mortality?
• How many labour and support people may be present for the birth?
• What procedures are followed after your baby's birth?
• Can you breastfeed immediately?
• How long is the typical postpartum stay for vaginal deliveries/caesarean sections?
If more questions occur, don't hesitate to ask your doctor or try, if available, a hospital tour to ensure yourself.