home | baby names | baby rooms | PREGNANCY | BIRTH | BABY | TODDLER | shop | advertise | contact  
  baby <<back
  Breech baby – Turning by Doctor or Midwife
Anything I can do to help the baby to turn into the head down position?

There are doctors and midwives who are skilled at what is called external version, where an attempt is made to turn the baby by the manipulation of the abdominal area. The external version will usually be carried out at a hospital in case there is a problem and a caesarian becomes necessary. You will probably be given medication to help relax the uterus which will aid the procedure, and the baby will be monitored. This is in case of any problems that may arise with the cord, which can get entangled or pulled of the uterine wall, or the placenta, which can get separated from the uterus.

See also:

Breech baby - Chance of Caesarian

Breech baby - Labour

Breech baby - Turning to head down

Breech baby - Types
  a-z pregnancy
  a-z birth
  a-z baby
  a-z toddler
  a-z products
  a-z services
  a-z suppliers
  letters / ask Penny
  motherhood MBA
  subscribe for FREE
  Baby: 1 - 12 months
  Click on relevant
month for you:
  baby 1 - 6 mnths
  baby - 7 mnths
  baby - 9 mnths
  baby - 10 mnths
  baby- 11 mnths
  baby - 12 mnths
Designed and powered by Kaleidoscope© www.kscope.co.za terms & conditions Find a baby clinic near you Follow us on: babyonline facebook babyonline twitter babyonline pinterest babyonline blog