|Beef and sweet potato puree
- 20g butter
- 1 leek, washed and sliced (approx. 150g)
- 125g braising steak, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 275g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- Juice of 1 orange (about 120 ml)
Melt the butter in a flameproof casserole and sauté the leek for about 4 minutes until softened. Roll the meat in the flour; add to the leek and sauté until browned. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Add the sweet potato, stock and orange juice.
Bring to the boil and transfer to an oven preheated to 180°C for 1½ hours or until the meat is tender. Blend to the desired consistency using as much of the cooking liquid as necessary.