||Chicken purée with carrots and apple
- 1/2tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 250ml unsalted chicken stock or use water with a bay leaf
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 125g)
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and chopped
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion till softened. Add the sliced carrots, pour over the chicken stock or water and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the carrots, together with the chopped apple, and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove the bay leaf if necessary. Purée in a blender. Freeze the remainder in individual portions.