Is there anything I can do to reduce the risk of SIDS?
There are a few factors which have been identified
as reducing the risk of SIDS. It is interesting to note that
since the introduction of these measures in UK there has been
a 71% drop in the numbers of SIDS. Since they are extremely
simple to implement, this might be a good way to calm your
fears about SIDS:
- Never put baby to sleep on the
- Make sure that there are no loose
items or bedding in the cot. A sleeping suit is often
a good solution.
- It is vital to make sure that
baby is not overheated.
- Ban smoking from anyone near the
- Breastfeeding and the use of a
dummy could be linked to lower SIDS.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome/Cot Death - Facts